Find practical, detailed, and quick veterinary information in this pocket-sized reference! Ideal for the clinical setting, Mosby's Veterinary PDQ, 4th Edition provides fast access to hundreds of veterinary facts, formulas, lab values, and procedures. Coverage includes key topics such as the physical exam, common diseases, emergency care, pharmacology, diagnostic procedures and imaging techniques, surgery and anesthesia, parasite identification, urinalysis, blood tests, and other lab work. A special section offers a guide to normal lab values. Written by expert clinician and vet tech educator Kristin Holtgrew-Bohling, this full-color guide makes it easy to find the information that is most useful in practice.
- Quick-access format is organized into 10 tabbed, color-coded sections, and makes it easy to find facts quickly.
- Valuable formulas, conversions, and lab values make it easy to look up the data needed to deliver safe and effective veterinary care.
- Information on topics such as dental imaging, surgery, and breathing circuits keeps you up to date on the latest techniques and equipment.
- Easy-to-read charts and tables summarize important information that vet techs commonly use but rarely memorize.
- Full-color photos and drawings illustrate procedures and tests, dental and surgical instruments, parasites, and urine and blood analysis.
- Convenient size easily fits in the busy vet tech’s pocket for use while on the job.
- Spiral binding allows you to lay the book flat or keep it open to a specific page, and durable pages can withstand everyday use in the clinical setting.
Anatomical Planes of Reference
Normal Physiological Data in Adult Dogs & Cats
Body Condition Scoring System
Nutrient Guidelines for Wellness
Mucous Membrane Color & CRT
Assessment of Level of Consciousness
Estimating Degree of Dehydration
Physical Exam Findings by Body System
HEMATOLOGY, SEROLOGY & URINALYSIS
Hematology Reference Range Values
Hemostasis Reference Range Values
Difference Between Plasma & Serum
Urinalysis Gross Exam, Specific Gravity & Stick Evaluation
Urinary Cellular Sediment Examination
Urinary Cast Sediment Examination
Urinary Crystal Sediment Examination
Common Parasite Prevention Recommendations
Parasite Identification & Treatment
Flea/Tick and Heartworm Preventatives
Heartworm Treatment Protocol
DTM Fungal Culture Identification
Nuclear Criteria of Malignancy
Characteristics of Tumor Types
Common Cell Types in Cytology Samples
Characteristics of Fluid Samples
Vaginal Cytology Interpretation
EMERGENCY & PROCEDURES
COMMON DISEASES OF DOGS AND CATS
Commonly Used Medical Prescription Abbreviations
Empirical Therapy by Location Pending Culture
Analgesic and Anti-inflammatory Agents
Opioid (Narcotic) Analgesics
SURGERY & ANESTHESIA
Normal Heart Rate & Blood Pressure in Dogs & Cats
Normal Blood Gas Values
Rebreathing Bag Sizes
Oxygen Flow Rate Values
Preanesthetics, Sedatives, Anesthetics
Assessing Anesthetic Depth
Blood Pressure Monitoring
Surgical Pack Storage
Postoperative Pain Evaluation
Common Dental Abbreviations and Symbols for Charting the Mouth
Dental Directional Terms
Dental Formulas & Charting
Normal Root Numbers
Classes of Resorptive Lesions
Reasons to Extract Teeth
RECOMMENDATIONS & PROTOCOL
Common Vaccinations for Dogs
Common Vaccinations for Cats
Retroviral Testing in Cats
Vetoryl Treatment & Flow Chart
Vertebral Heart Score
Diabetes Mellitus Treatment Flow Chart