This 6-volume SET of the Core Principles of Acute Neurology by Eelco F.M. Wijdicks of Mayo Clinic College of Medicine is a series of short volumes that cover major topics not found in sufficient detail elsewhere and provides useful context in the field of Neurocritical Care. This 6-Volume set includes:
1. "Recognizing Brain Injury " illustrates how to recognize the consequences of acute brain injury and the treatment of its consequences
2. "Providing Acute Care " discusses medical care of acutely hospitalized neurologic patients in all its aspects
3. "Handling Difficult Situations " provides solutions for acute neurologic dilemmas.
4. "Communicating Prognosis " is written for the neurohospitalist and neurointensivist to best communicate with the family of neurologically injured patient
5. "Identifying Neuroemergencies " provides practical information on how to best manage and triage patients in the first hour of admission in the Emergency Department
6. "Solving Critical Consults " is the go-to resource for practical information on how to evaluate complicated neurology consults in the ICU.
Written specifically for neurologists, neurosurgeons, residents, fellows, emergency physicians, neurointensivists, and neurohospitalists, these volumes are comprehensive and have been written and designed by a leading authority on neurocritcal care. Collectively, this SET represents the most systematic and comprehensive guide currently available.